What if I could just edit a text file and have it statically rendered into a web page without having to think about it too much?
I found myself in the market for this, and I think Hugo has a few good things going on.
- It just needs a static web server between me and you
- It builds pages super fast
- Everything is on my computer (in git)
- There are a lot of themes to try and learn from
- Mainroad is pretty to my eye, full-featured, and seems like it’s alive
- I like to write things in Markdown
- I don’t want to deal with PHP if I can help it
- No one reads this site anyway
So here’s a Hugo version of my esteemed web property. I took some time during the great not-going-anywhere of 2020 and converted a selection of old posts from Wordpress to Markdown. Then sat on it until July 2023 because no one reads this site anyway.
We’ll see how it goes.